Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday Funday?

So...my Sunday didn't start off too 'fun.' I'm still fighting some sort of sickness. I drove the hubby to work at 8am, came home, then decided to sleep for another few hours. I thought it would help a bit, and luckily it did...a bit.

I roughed it out and went to the grocery store for some dinner items. My face may have not looked pretty in public, but I at least my hair did (I curled it last night to go out and it remained intact while I slept!).

I'm not gonna lie, but going to the grocery store was draining. When you're already lacking in energy and you decide to go out...not a good combo. While I was out, had I the energy, I would have side-tracked from the store and went on a run (the weather permitting for once), but I stopped, thought about it, and realized if I could barely walk around a grocery store, how was I going to run 1, 2, 3...8 km? Scratched that thought and made it home safely to the couch again.

Cooking brightens me up (hence, going out to the grocery store to get ingredients), so I made sure to make something delish!! More than obvious that the staple of a sick person's diet is soup, so of course that was on the menu this fine evening!

What are some of your remedies when you're feeling sick?

I decided on (and am slightly obsessed with) thai curry. I made a thai curry soup as adapted by 'A Good Appetite' that turned out delicious.

First, I mixed together ginger, garlic, red curry paste, coconut milk, chicken broth and chicken, then let it simmer until the chicken was cooked:


After the simmering (and mouth watering), in goes fish sauce, a little lime juice, and a weee bit of brown sugar. Then, last...save the best for last...the veggies!



I also made an amazing spicy roasted sweet potato salad (good thing I found this one, because it was just sooo good...the flavour was awesome). I roasted the cut up sweet potatoes in the special seasoning mix and roasted them:


This dish also had you roast whole garlic coves with the potatoes. I was a liiiittle skeptical of this, but wow!! I would definitely do that again and again!

The finished products resulted in 2 amazing dishes that both me and the hubby loved! They had a perfect balance of spice and delicious-ness. And yes, there's leftovers!!



What's your favourite Thai dish to make?


All in all, although I was pretty sick today, the day actually turned out pretty good. Amazing food and amazing company to share it will. Now it's off to snuggle my hubby and watch a movie!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you feel better! I have only eaten Thai food once. I'm not a big fan, but you make me want to try it again! That soup looks delicious! =)

    ReplyDelete