Monday, September 20, 2010

Goals, Goals, And More Goals!

I know I talked yesterday about goals (yes, I'm still motivated), but I really want to reiterate the fact that they are so important. Last night, the hubby and I wrote down our goals for the week. I made us do this because I knew that if we didn't commit to them in writing then chances are they wouldn't happen (unless one of those goals happened to be something we were thinking about for quite some time). And here they are:

Goals for week of September 20th, 2010:

Tyler:
  • Practice (golf) - 4 hours/2 hours short game
  • Workout 3 times
  • Play golf 3 times

Char:
  • Eat foods that contain no cow's milk
  • Make a dinner with fennel
  • Workout 3 times this week (run at least once and climb stairs)
  • Get a food journal
  • Make a new recipe and/or create one of my own

There you have it! Let's hope we succeed..

Now onto the big thing. I changed the name of my blog. I knew I wasn't completely happy with the name of it; which lead me to 'Perfectly Picked.' I've always been a picky person and I don't consider that a flaw in anyway. Actually, I consider it a trait. I know what I want and I go for it (it took my husband a little longer to learn that than I'd hoped!). Although I consider it a trait, it can be hard on me sometimes because it can set me up for disappointment, but it helps keep me level that way!

I decided that 'Perfectly Picked' described me in a muuuuch better way. I can relate it to anything, which is what I want my blog to be about. I think, in a way, I was a little limited with 'food&fitnessRfun' since this was virtually the basis of my blog, but there's sooo much more I actually want to express! Now I'm set and feel much better!

Now I know the weekend's over, but let's not be depressed that it's Monday, another start to another week, let's celebrate what we can achieve this week. I found this quote and I think it's amazingly brilliant and true:

Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time, to figure out whether you like it or not.
—Virgil Garnett Thomson


What are you going to try?

What are you most scared of trying?

What are you going to do this week that you enjoy?





1 comment:

  1. I love this. I think its so great to have goals every week, I don't know why I dont do this! Thanks for getting me to think!

    My main goal this week: Not to stress out about school and the little stuff!

    ReplyDelete