Thursday, September 9, 2010

Make The Most Of The Day!

So, like my post said earlier...let's make today as fun as yesterday...I think I'm succeeding. I took it eaaasy this morning (oops), then decided that I needed to get out of the house and do something!!! Also, I needed to pick up a few more things for dinner tonight. I knew I couldn't just make a quick trip to the grocery store then come home, so I geared up and made my way to the running trail.

This is trail is awesome! Lately I've become a picky runner; don't really enjoy running on pavement or in hilly areas (which is nearly impossible to avoid...I live in BC!!!). So, this awesome trail I mentioned is:
1) Not pavement
2) Not hilly

So it wins in my books!! It's awesome, too, because it marks the distance you run/bike/etc every 0.5 km, so it's nice being able to keep track of the distance you go. I kinda like to challenge myself, in the sense that if I ran a certain distance before then I definitely wanna try and beat that previous distance. This could get tough the more and more that distance increases!!! So anyways, I knew that one of the last times I ran the trail, I ran 7 km, so I had to beat that.

In enters the tough part...I didn't even feeeeeel like running when I first drove to the trail. So right there, I thought I would not beat my previous distance. I'm sure other runner's can relate, that once you start running and getting in your groove, you realize that you actually can go for longer than you thought. Good news is that I beat my distance...I made it to 8!!! 8km plus a few new blisters!

So I then came home and had in my mind that I wanted to make some sort of avocado salad. I LOVE spice, so I knew that I didn't just want to make a regular...I wanted some heat! So, here's what I came up with:

Avocado Salad (with a kick)!!




  • 1-2 avocados, diced (I used 1 and 1/2 since it's all I had)

  • 1/3 cup red pepper, diced

  • juice from 1/2 a lemon

  • 1/3 cup red onion, diced

  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped (now, I loooove cilantro, so I added at least 1/2 cup)

  • 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and minced finely

  • 1 tomato, deseeded and diced (deseeded so it doesn't make the salad really runny)

  • 1 clove of garlic, finely minced

  • 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (depending on your liking for spicy foods!)

  • a pinch of salt and pepper


Mix it all around and there you have it!!

I think I'll continue onto making a raw pasta sauce and some homemade larabars, since the weather doesn't seem to be cooperating with me today this week! Until my next need to blog, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment