Tuesday, November 23, 2010

New Mindset, Part II

Ok, so I also wanted to talk about my new experiences at the new gym!

Classes....oh, sweet, classes.

For the very first time, I attempted a spin class today. It was definitely challenging...and intimidating (which is most likely why I've been scared to try one until now). But, I did my best...that might included pretending like I was turning up the intensity, when I really wasn't...oops!

Also did an 'On the Ball' class this morning (after spin) and it was ok. I wanted to do it to say I tried it, but I probably won't do it again! But still good! Just involved use of the exercise ball, warming up with some cardio while holding the ball, then some actual work on the ball.

Last night, I was lucky enough to try out this new system called 'Kinesis.' I just happened to be at the gym when the trainer was doing a trial with the new equipment (you can only use kinesis with a trainer), so I hoped off the treadmill and gave it a shot! We did a circuit, where 3 moves involved the use of kinesis, but the others were challenging as well!

So in the past 24 hours, I've done those 3 different classes and plan on trying a Zumba class out in my hometown with a friend. It's suppose to be on of the better Zumba classes offered in Orangeville, which should be gooooood!

What are your favourite workout classes?
What kind of activities do you like besides workout classes?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like you have a lot to choose from! I love zumba, it's such a fun class. I have only tried spinning once, though I definitely want to give it another try. I just remember my butt hurting like crazy the next day from the seat!

    ReplyDelete